Forthcoming releases

Have any interesting TV Smith News? Post it here!
driverorpassenger

Forthcoming releases

Post by driverorpassenger »

TV mentioned some forthcoming releases on FB today:
News of a couple of exciting forthcoming releases. On 21st October, just in time for the Bored Teenagers dates supporting the original line-up of the Damned, Easy Action will be releasing a studio version of the set we played at Rebellion this year, titled “TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers Replay The Adverts.” Just a week later on the 28th I’ll be releasing “Let’s Go Back To The Good Old Days” as a digital single. Originally a solo song on “Lockdown Holiday,” this brand new version is a full band recording, produced and mixed by Gerry Diver, who has previously worked with The Levellers, Tom Robinson, Billy Bragg and many others. More on that in the coming weeks. As if that wasn’t enough, this coming Thursday I start another short run of solo UK dates - come and catch me live if you can!
8-)
Rockula

Re: Forthcoming releases

Post by Rockula »

Just been to the Easy Action page and although it says 21st October release it's still showing as 'Coming Soon' and there's no option to buy it.
driverorpassenger

TV posted this on FB:
The Bored Teenagers tours starts on Thursday, and the accompanying CD “TV Smith & The Bored Teenagers Replay The Adverts” has left the pressing plant and will be available for sale at the gigs.
Also, other news:
There’s been enough advance interest in the forthcoming “Let’s Go Back To The Good Old Days” single to already put it at no. 52 in the Heritage Chart, so I’m asking you once again to get on the site and vote!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/522BLGP
driverorpassenger

New video's now online!

https://youtu.be/knkiex8lgOk
driverorpassenger

Nice review (by Dave Thompson, who else?):

https://www.goldminemag.com/columns/new ... ict-others
TV Smith’s a busy chap. A new solo album is scheduled for this year, and a joint project with long time associate Richard Strange, too. A song recorded with his college-days band, Sleaze, recently turned up on the soundtrack to Young Sheldon; a newly remastered tape of The Adverts’ first demo is on its way.

And a summer 2022 festival gig with his sometimes band The Bored Teenagers, rampaging through the Adverts’ repertoire, was followed less than 24 hours later by a visit to the studio where they recorded this.

An 18 track single take “best of” the band, Replay The Adverts is, first and foremost, a reminder that, even with almost 50 years having elapsed since these songs were written, Smith was among the most visionary songwriters not simply of that age, but of the entire rock era. Songs like “Bored Teenagers,” “”No Time to be 21,” “One Chord Wonders” and, most prescient of all, “Great British Mistake,” still resonate; still pack a currency that is as relevant today as it was back then.

True, the Smith voice has changed since he was 21, but age has not depleted its urgency or its energy, while the band behind him simply storms through a repertoire that draws prime cuts not only from the Adverts’ original two LPs, but also a couple of B-sides. It’s a killer set.

All eighteen tracks are featured on the CD; the vinyl — a handsome beast, whose earliest pressings also included a signed photo — features fifteen, with the three outliers pressed onto a 7-inch single. Pick up either, pick up both. And let’s all sing “One Chord Wonders” together.
Well I haven't watched "Young Sheldon", but if I had, I wouldn't have believed my ears when hearing TV's Sleaze in there!! :shock: